Dealing with sports, let's see the difference in the use of Do, Play and Go:
domingo, 16 de febrero de 2014
miércoles, 12 de febrero de 2014
Watch the video and decide if the sentences are True or False.
- Roman Emperor Claudius II didn't want men to marry during in wartime because he believed single men made better soldiers. (1)_____
- Bishop Valentine performed public weddings and was jailed and later executed on February 14th. (2)_____
- In the Middle Ages young men and women took names from a bowl to see who their valentines would be. They wore these names on their sleeves for one month. (3)_____
- To "wear your heart on your sleeve" means that it is easy for other people to know how you are feeling. (4)_____
- Valentine's Day is the largest card sending occasion. (5)_____
- Girlfriends receive the most Valentine's Day cards. (6)_____
- Men buy most Valentines. (7)_____
- Men buy most flowers on Valentines Day. (8)_____
- More than 500 million roses are given for Valentine's Day each year. (9)_____
- Over $1 billion worth of chocolate is purchased for Valentine's Day in the U.S. (10)_____
- More than 35 million heart-shaped boxes of chocolate are sold for Valentine's Day. (11)_____
- Each year an Italian city receives valentines addressed to Shakespeare's Juliet. (12)_____
- Nearly 10 million dog owners buy gifts for their dogs for Valentine's day. (13)_____
- 15% of the women in the United States who receive flowers for Valentines day may send them to themselves.
martes, 11 de febrero de 2014
jueves, 6 de febrero de 2014
miércoles, 5 de febrero de 2014
What's the weather like today?
Watch this video and complete the questions proposed:
1. Connect the areas with the weather.
North of Spain
A few showers
Germany and Denmark
A lot of sunshine
Heavy rain and wind
2. Are these sentences true or false?
There are going to be a lot of thunderstorms in the west.
The rain in Scandinavia is perhaps going to be thundery.
The weather in Italy is wetter than in earlier days.
Heavier rain is going to arrive by Saturday.